YORKSHIRE’S FIRST LEADING AND LARGEST
PROFESSIONAL BOLLYWOOD DANCE ACADEMY
IN THE NORTH OF ENGLAND
Salma’s Bollywood Academy – Classes
The academy provides regular weekly classes from the ages 3 years to adults. Classes run at various different venues and times during the week. The term consists of 6 weeks at an hour a week at two separate terms throughout the year. Our teachers are: DBS cleared and hold public liability insurance. Salma has training in safeguarding for both children and adults. She is also prevent, health and safety, risk assessment, pre-screening, and data protection trained. Including paediatric first aid and general first aid trained.
Bollywood Dance (Modern Indian)
Bollywood dancing is the core basis of most Indian films and Bollywood dance incorporates other dance genres such as khatak, modern dance, jazz, bharatnatyam, salsa, western street dance and some hip-hop themes are also visible. Experience during our classes the true colours of Bollywood dance first hand and have a real taste of the hustle and bustle of this popular Indian dance.
Bhangra Dance (Pakistani and Indian Folk Dance)
Bhangra is a traditional folk dance from both Pakistan and India. Historically Bhangra was performed as part of the harvest season as a celebratory dance to enjoy the good harvest. Farmers celebrated this by singing songs and dancing along to their words. Bhangra is a true celebration of Asian cultures and diversity. Get ready to sweat.
During the Classes, You Will Participate In!
- Fun teacher led warm-up and stretch
- Bollywood dance techniques
- Embedded Maths and English
- Problem solving
- Facial expressions
- Classical hand gestures
- Learn a Bollywood dance fused with other dance genres
- Choreographed and improvisation experiences
- Fun teacher led cool-down and stretch
Why Salma’s Bollywood Academy?
- Opportunity to attend Yorkshires First Leading and Largest Bollywood Dance Academy of the North of England
- Learn from teachers that are qualified and trained in dance to a high University standard
- Opportunity to work alongside the authoress of children’s books
- Opportunity to work alongside history makers and creators of the South Asian History Month (SAHM)
- Opportunity to work with people that have appeared on television and worked with bollywood stars
- Opportunity to take part in the Duke of Edinburgh Achievement Award
- Volunteering opportunities – develop your leadership skills and boost career prospects by volunteering with us
- Optional – Performance opportunities as part of our end of year Bollywood Dance Show
Health Benefits of Attending Our Classes
- Become fitter and healthier
- Dance energises
- Improves flexibility
- Improves your co-ordination and rhythm
- Increased confidence and self-awareness
- Lifts mood and releases happy hormones (Endorphins)
- Make new dancing friends
To book your place with SBA you need to identify your class and area of interest CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF CLASSES. Classes are £45.00 for the 6 weeks. Once you’ve enrolled on our courses you will automatically agree with our terms and conditions. Once we have received your enrolment form along with your fees we will reserve a place for you. If, however; there are no places available we will notify you of this.